Monday, June 18, 2012

A single serving cake

How many times have you wanted a piece of cake, but didn't want to buy the whole cake to do it or even go to the store and buy the single slices they now sell....at OUTRAGEOUS prices!  So, I found this recipe and pinned it on my pinterest for future use( http://pinterest.com/pin/86412886570496941/).  I figured some day I would try it.

Well that day came last week.  I planned ahead and had the supplies on hand, two cake mixes. 

You have to have 1 Angel Food Cake mix for it to work


So I mixed them together in a baggie, per instructions:

before mixing well.
after mixing 


You then take 3 Tbsp of the mix and 2 Tbsp of water and combine them in a cup or small bowl(not too small though).  I used a coffee cup for the first one:


Then you cook it in the microwave for 1 minute and let it stand for 15 minutes(very important) and then this is what it looks like:


The next one I tried in one in a small bowl, it was too small. The mixture filled the bowl:


And then proceeded to bubble over in the microwave:


This is what the final product looks like, with some frosting dolloped on top:


It didn't taste bad and definitely would fill that need for a single serving cake, when you needed one.  It's not as good as a regularly baked cake, but I do plan on doing it more often.  I think next time I'm going to try using a strawberry sauce over the top, with maybe a dab of chocolate sauce.  And I'm going to see if I can find something better sized for the size as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment