Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I've got mail!!

It's fun to go away on vacation and come back to a pile of packages!


Coming back to a pile of other mail, not so much fun! LOL But back to the packages!!  The big box and a small box were Christmas presents(yes, already) that I had ordered because they were on sale!  Another two boxes were Diamond Candles that I had ordered, again on sale....half off as a matter of fact.  I'm still deciding if I'm going to keep those or give them as Christmas gifts.....decisions, decisions!  Another box was for a Smiley360 mission(more free stuff) that I'll be sharing about later.  The remaining packages were all for free items I had "earned".  

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I've started using a site called Klout and with this site I've been able to get quite a few cool "perks" just for using Facebook and Twitter. No posting of ads or annoying things like that, just posting on other peoples walls or twitter feeds and interacting with them as well, something I was already doing anyway!  So, what did I get????

The first one I opened was the DVD for the new series Perception on TNT:


Seems like a cool show and haven't had a chance to watch it....yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Next up:


This one was called the "Bing, Summer of Doing" perk.  It's three small containers with compressed soil and herb seeds.  Just add water, watch the disk expand and plant the seeds and as long as I don't kill them (my thumbs are not green!) I should be growing parsley, chives and basil!  The best part of this perk, is that little black card on the left hand side.  It's a $10 visa card.  Who knows, if I can grow these herbs, maybe I'll actually start some sort of herb garden in my kitchen!

The next box opened had this:


Aveeno Exra-calming facial wipes for removing makeup.  Now, I don't wear alot of makeup, but have been thinking that now that I'm getting, um, more "mature" I should probably start taking better care of my skin and what a better way to try and get into the routine than with free stuff!  I have to say I have used these several times already and I really like them.  They smell nice and make my face feel nice and soft.

The final box/padded envelope I opened held the following:


That's a $10 gift card to Chili's to try their new "Bag The Bag Lunch" menu that they have.  Who doesn't love free food!  Now to find time to get to Chili's.  Lunch is on me friends...okay, friend.......near me.  LOL

I love getting free stuff, even better when it's free stuff I can really use and not just because it's free!  I'm really enjoying Klout.......alot and look forward to even more perks. I just missed out on a perk for Legoland....it was for 4 tickets, would have loved to get that perk, but I was traveling back to Arizona on the day it went live.  Oh well, there will be more.  In fact, I already have two more coming, can't wait!





1 comment: