Thursday, November 8, 2012

NYC New York Color Individual Eyes Review

Today I'll be reviewing the NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact limited edition Dark Shadows:



According to their website, newyorkcolor.com, this is "the all-in-one compact with everything you need for a complete eye look".  It includes a primer you apply before applying the color, an illuminator to help add another dimension to the colors, an applicator and 4 complimenting colors.    I have to admit I'm more of a browns and tans in eyeshadows kind of girl, so I wasn't sure if I was going to like these colors.  I'll be honest, I thought they might be a little more darker than I'm used to, but I also thought they would be good for doing a smokey eye, so I was cautiously excited.

Not being an expert in the makeup field, I was pleasantly surprised to find application instructions on the back of the compact, under the label:


There was also a little plastic cover over the shadows that labeled the colors, so that you would know which was which, but that was too hard to get a picture of.  So, I followed the instructions on the back and set about hopefully making my eyes pretty! LOL  The instructions did help, but there was a little confusion with one of the steps as two of the colors are listed as Contour/Crease, so you have to guess which one they mean for which part.  I did like that fact that it had a primer as that helps the eyeshadow to stay put, thus lasting longer.  The eyeshadow itself has a very "silky" appearance and isn't as hard as some other eyeshadows, so it's easy to get a fair amount on the applicator without trying to hard........especially the darker colors.  I also found that the primer and illuminator are not powder, but more like a foundation consistency and applies better with your finger or a makeup sponge(I didn't have any) and like the dark shadow.....a little goes a long way!  I followed the instructions as best as I could and here is what it looks like:


One eye done
Both eyes done



Don't mind the blood shot eyes, I got some of the powder in my eyes.....don't ask! LOL So, what do you think?  I'm not so sure I like the colors, but again, it's a big departure from my normal color palette and looking up close seems to emphasize the grey hair that is trying to take over my head.  I'll probably still play around with the compact some more and use this for a night out or date night with the hubby.  I don't know this palette is a good one for day wear, but definitely is for night wear.  

Overall I do like the compact itself.  I love that they included directions for makeup impaired wearers like myself.  I would definitely try one of the other palettes that they have.


Out of a possible of 4 stars I would give this a 3.5 (the instructions could have been a little clearer)



*DISCLAIMER: PRODUCT RECEIVED FOR FREE FROM INFLUENSTER FOR TESTING AND REVIEW*
 
 
Bonus bathroom shot of one eye done, just for fun!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment