Thursday, January 24, 2013

Palmolive Fresh Infusions Review

I received another Voxbox from Influenster last week to try out and review.  This time is was for Palmolive Fresh Infusions Dish Soap. Currently it comes in 3 different scents: Lime Basil, Lemon Thyme and Ginger White Tea.



I have a dishwasher, so that would lead most people to think that I don't wash my dishes by hand and they would be wrong.  You see I live in the desert, in Arizona, and the water here is well....terrible.  It has alot of calcium in it, alot!  So I have to clean my dishes before putting them in my dishwasher. 

When my box arrived I was pleasantly surprised to find not 1 bottle, but 3 bottles of Palmolive.  One of each scent along with 5 coupons to share with friends and family.  I did have the flu when I first opened the box, so I couldn't smell anything when I popped their lids.  I was a little disappointed because I had hoped that I would be able to.


I had heard from others that the Lime Basil was the strongest scent, so I waited a couple of days and then filled up my sink with some soapy water and got to washing.  I have to say I agree, the Lime Basil is pretty strong.  If you like the scent of spices, you will probably like this one, me...not so much.  It was a bit overpowering for me and not pleasant.  It did do a good job of cleaning the dishes and a small amount went a long way.



A few days later I tried the Lemon Thyme.  The scent reminded me of the scent of Lemon Pledge and I really liked it.  It made me feel like things were clean with that scent.  It was not overpowering at all and I found myself enjoying doing the dishes....just don't tell my family! As with the Lime Basil, a small amount goes a long way.


Next it was time to try the Ginger White Tea.  I had left this one for last because I heard that this was a favorite scent for a lot of people.  It does have a nice scent and it's not overpowering at all.  I liked it, but I would consider it my 2nd favorite out of the bunch.  As before, a small amount goes a long way.



Now, I know if you are like me you would be concerned that the scent would stay on the dishes and ruin your food, but that is not the case at all. (I even smelled a dish to make sure!) It didn't have a greasy or slimy feel either while washing that you can sometimes get with a dish soap and it did make my hands feel smooth when I was done, which when you have hard water like we do here is nice.  Also, the shape and feel of the bottle is nice and easy to grasp when you have wet hands, so there is not much of a chance of dropping it in a sink full of soapy water and getting splashed.

All three scents did a great job in getting the dishes clean and make your kitchen smell nice.  I would definitely recommend these.  So thank you Influenster and Palmolive for giving me a chance to try these out.  Now I have a reason to look forward to doing the dishes.



*Disclaimer: I received these for free to review from Influenster and Palmolive.  All opinions are my own and factual*


                                                                                                                                                      

1 comment: