Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Aveeno Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream Review

I was picked for another VoxBox from Influenster a few weeks ago, this time it was for Aveeno's Positively Radiant Intensive Night Cream(phew, that's mouthful!).  Now I'm pretty much a less is more kind of gal and was never raised as a girly-girl, so all these beauty products I get to try for free are fun for me to try.


The only thing I knew about night cream is what I saw on tv. You know the shows where they lather it on their face and their spouse is afraid of them.  And I'll admit when I first opened the box and saw what was included that thought hadn't changed.  Included in the box was a sleep mask along with the cream.  I just hoped I wouldn't get the gunk all over my pillow case.



Their claim is that it;

Contains a proven concentration of ACTIVE NATURALS® Total Soy Complex boosted with vitamin B3 to help visibly diminish the appearance of dullness, blotchiness and brown spots • Oil-free, hydrating formula penetrates deep within skin’s surface while you sleep revealing an even, more radiant complexion • In a clinical study, women saw improvement in tone and discoloration • Gentle enough for everyday use


Fearlessly, I jumped in and scrubbed my face clean, dried it and then began applying the night cream.  The first thing I noticed.....a little goes a long way....but it does rub in.  It's not a heavy cream at all.  The other thing I noticed....a slight stinging sensation.  That part I wasn't expecting.  It didn't hurt, just stung and it didn't last for long, only a few minutes at best.  It did give me a slight rash from stinging sensation, but it too went away in about 5 mins. 


Once the cream was absorbed, my face did feel smooth, a little greasy, but not bad.  I did notice too that  it has made my skin softer and less dry which was a definite plus.  Another thing I noticed, and I don't know if it's due to the Aveeno or not, but I had recently gotten a mole on the end of my nose.  



I know, I know I shouldn't admit to that, but I have my reason.  Anyway I noticed that after a week the mole had become less visible, it's still there, but at least I don't look like the old hag from the commercials:



Wonder if it would work on the rest of my moles?!?!  Anyway, I have to say that overall I liked the product and plan to continue using it because I really did like the way my face felt in the morning.  Also, the dark spots that were starting to appear due to age are actually fading a little.


For fun I made a video on my phone on the vine app showing my nightly routine.  You can check it out here:  My Nightly routine  It's the first time I used that app, but I had fun making it.  

So, my dream....my radiant dream for 2013 would be that this cream would actually be good at removing moles, as well as dark spots and wrinkles, and not just ones on the end of noses!!


*Disclaimer: I received this product free from Influenster to review and the opinions are strictly my own*




No comments:

Post a Comment