Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Reviewing Kiss Gradation Polishes

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about the new Influenster Rose VoxBox I received full of lots of little goodies....all free for me to tryout and review.  The first goodie I want to review is the Kiss Gradation Polishes kit.  It currently comes in four different colors: Film Noir, Exposure, Big Break, and Freeze Frame......or black, brown, blue and pink.  As you can see I received Film Noir.



I have to admit, I was a little intimidated when I saw it and read the instructions.  I'm the type of person that likes to see how things are done first before I try them.  Fortunately, we had some friends visiting and one of them just so happened was looking for a sparkly nail polish to use for a concert they were attending and she was willing to give it a go, while I of course took pictures.




All the bottles are labeled so it is easy to follow what order the polishes go on.  Step 1 is the lightest color in the bunch as well.  Apply two coats.  So far so good, it goes on pretty well.







Wait for the polish to dry before moving on to step 2......whistle a tune while you wait, if you'd like.


When the polish is dry apply the Step 2 polish, but only to the top 1/3 or so of your nail.




My friend did both hands at once on this step.  You are not supposed to let this layer dry.




Apply step 3 polish, which actually contains the glitter, BEFORE step 2 dries.  This is important so that you can get the gradation effect.


Then here is the finished product, I don't think it turned out too bad and my friend was pretty happy with the results.



One word of warning though, by the time you get step 3 applied it takes quite a while for the polish to dry, so make sure you have the time to let it sit or you will mess up your nails.  That was the only complaint my friend had.

Also, I would recommend doing one hand at a time on step 2 to get a better gradation look.


Overall I would give this product 4 stars out of 5.  Now that I've seen it done, I know it's not hard to do. The packaging was a little misleading because I wasn't sure at first if nails were included in the set.  I'm sure this can be done on fake nails as well though.  I also think they have some pretty colors.  All-in-all I would recommend this product, as I do like the effect it gives.

Thank you Influenster and Kiss for giving me the opportunity to try out this product, it's definitely a keeper!



*Disclaimer: I received this product for free from Influenster to review and the opinions expressed are strictly my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment