Labels

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Football season is over! Bring on Nascar!!

For those that didn't today was Super Bowl Sunday or what I like to call Commercials and Pizza day!  Every year I look forward to the Super Bowl, not for the game...well, sometimes for the game, but mostly for the commercials.   I did watch the game today and enjoyed it.  It was a good game and definitely a nail biter at the end.  The half-time show wasn't half bad either.  Madonna did a good job for a 53 year old doing cartwheels and dancing while singing.

I was disappointed in the commercial selection though.  I remember when the commercials were memorable through the whole game and you talked about them for weeks after.  Now, we are lucky to get 1 or 2 that we might remember for a day.  I miss the days of the Budweiser Clydesdales, frogs and chameleons.  This game really only had the good commercials in the first half.  The second half...well, I don't really remember them.  Is it that hard to come up a good commercial, a funny commercial?

Oh well, football is over for the season which means it's almost time for NASCAR!!!  As Darrell Waltrip says: Boogity, Boogity, Boogity!  I always get excited for it the beginning of the season, but it wains as the season goes on.  I'm the only one in my family that watches it, so it makes it hard to keep the interest and let's be honest.....sometimes it is just cars going in a circle for 500 miles.  When there isn't any passing going on, it can get boring watching follow the leader.  I tend to get a nap in on Sunday's.  LOL  Hopefully, this year will have some exciting races to watch.  Would you believe I've never been to a race though and I'm only about an hour, at the most, from a major racetrack.  One of these days, I really should go......could this be the year??

Let's go racing boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment