Labels

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Distractions everywhere!

Distractions.........

Why do we allow things to derail our best intentions?  In this age of technology and getting things now, we've forgotten what it was like to actually finish things, to cross everything off our "to-do" list for the day.

Oh sure, we start out the day thinking "this is the day" we are going to get everything done and we actually make progress in crossing things off.  Technology has in some aspects made our lives alot easier, while at the same time complicating them.

Remember the days when you didn't have to work past 5pm because nobody could get a hold of you, they had to wait until the morning.  Ever since the invention of the cellphone and the internet my husband has worked pretty much until he goes to bed, whether it be answering emails or the phone.  And even though I'm a stay at home mom, I'm not immune to the draws of technology.  I mean the internet has alot of stuff on it.  This one day I was "surfing the world wide web" and the next thing I knew it was time to get dinner ready.   The internet has some interesting and funny stuff.   Yes, sometimes you have to weed your way through the crap that's out there, but the internet can be quite entertaining and educational.   There is this site someone showed me size comparisons starting with things you can only see with a microscope all the way up to galaxies.   It really makes you think about how insignificant we really are in this world.....this galaxy.  Which then gets you thinking about what our part is in this great big world, what's the purpose, can we really make a difference?

So, where was I going with this????  Um......I don't know, I got distracted.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Were you AT the Women's breakfast this morning?! Um, I know that's a big NO, but this is EXACTLY what we were talking about! We need to be relentless in our pursuit of those things the Lord has called us to and come against distractions...

    ReplyDelete