Labels

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Saga Continues......That's not how you run a company, Pt 2

I hope you have popcorn!!  

If you've only just "turned into" my blog......catch up with Pt1 of the saga here:  http://ventingvebber.blogspot.com/2012/04/thats-not-how-you-run-company.html  (don't forget the comments too).....go ahead I'll wait.......
.....
.....
......
........
........

Are you all caught up now?  Okay, so after much uproar from their endorsers, Calyp has relented and decided to give us all back the earning they had taken from us.  YIPPEE!!! Score one for the home team!  But, alas, the saga does still RAGE(emphasis mine, because it's really become more of a game it seems) on.  

You see, they still won't tell us how the pay has changed.  Although, we can't really call it pay, because as they say it's not a job.....yet they are paying me to do something, so I'm not really sure what to call it, a perk? a benefit? a reward?  an incentive??  Whatever you want to call it, they won't tell us what it is other than it will be "based on your social outreach".  Fine and dandy, so far so good.   But when you ask for more details such as: What are the levels? Where do the levels change? How do you figure the levels?  How much does each level pay??, well we can't get an answer, just the standard reply of we'll be sending out an email later.  Ummmm, but you've already changed my earning level so you obviously know the answers to those questions. 

Why is it so hard to get a straight answer from this company?!?!  When people first asked about the missing funds we were told it was "an early funding" (not true).  Then about 2 hrs after that we got the notice about the accounts that were shut off for abusing effecting our totals. Which, obviously by this blog and the many comments on their page, did not sit well with everybody.    Now we are trying to find out about the new system they have put into place.....it was implemented this morning.  And the only answer we get is: We'll be sending out an email at the end of the week.  We've already outlined how you will earn money.  Ummmm, NO, you didn't you only said and I quote from the email:  Endorsers will be awarded CALYP "Status" (Preferred, Gold, Platinum or Elite) based on their social reach. Reach will be calculated based on the aggregate community across all of the social networks you link to your CALYP account.  The more "influence", or friends or followers you have, the larger your reach is which in turn will give you higher status in CALYP.

All we want to know is how you calculated our "reach", where the levels begin/end and what the "rate" is for each level.  You've already changed our status, so you know the answer, can you not share it with us??

There is never been an instance when I have gotten a straight answer from this company.  I asked about my missing parts(a power chord and instruction manual) for a prize I won, a bluetooth stereo thingy.  For two months I get: We're looking into it or Let me check with the shipping department. Until I finally get an email that says I was shipped everything I was supposed to get, but here's an extra manual in case you need it.  Ummm, I never got it in the first place REMEMBER!!!  I know, I know, I can buy a new power chord, but that's not the point I'm making.....could they not have just told me that 2 mos ago?!?!

Today, I'm asking the same questions about the rate and levels on their Facebook page when I get a notification someone commented.  Only when I get there, there isn't any comment.....So I ask them what happened to it.  Their reply:  We move posts that  use hateful language, false accusations, profanity or attack CALYP or another Endorser  Great! But the only problem is there wasn't any of that....I then copy word for word what was posted so they can see what I was talking about, yet they still come back with the same line.  I even asked them to point out what I was missing....same line.

I'm really beginning to wonder if anyone at this company actually comprehends English at all.  Some of you are probably still wondering why I am even bothering with this company and at times, I've asked myself the same question and I don't have an answer.  I must just be a glutton for punishment.   




****UPDATE****  
To show their continued lack of communication they have resorted to deleting comments, blocking people from even posting on the Calyp Facebook page unless it is under one of their posts, blocking some endorsers from commenting at all(like myself) and they have also reported to Facebook that the people complaining were harassing them so that people couldn't even get into their Facebook account unless they agreed to remove their post entirely(not me, but several others).  So rather than answer the questions people ask, they silence them and continue to post that there will be an email later.  Is this how a company should behave??  Is this the kind of company that advertisers should even want to be associated with??  I guess that is something Calyp will soon find out.

1 comment: