Labels

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

This is my life - Part 1

Hello everyone, it's been a long time......too long!  So long I don't even know how or where to begin.  Life as I knew it has changed.  Gone are the days of being a stay at home mom that homeschooled her kids.....they grew up and I got a job.  Gone are the days of taking care of my kids, instead I get to take care of the parents, and not just my parents, but the in-laws.....I'll get to that part in another post.

Life is funny that way, it never goes as you expect or plan......there's a quote by Woody Allen, "If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans".....while I don't necessarily thinks He laughs AT us, I do think He smiles like a father would when his child tries to tells him how he could do a better job.

That's where I feel I am at....the Father, patting my head and smiling.  Now don't get me wrong, I know that His plans and ways are better then my own, and while I may not understand them as I walk them out, I know they are the best for me.  BUT, that doesn't mean I don't complain and moan at times.

The real change in my life started back in 2013.  Those that have read my posts probably remember a blog or two about my mom and stepdad moving out here and in with us, while that did take place in 2013, my life changed before they even arrived.  You see it was that year my husband, and with my support, started a church in our town.  We were hungry for the Word of God and the Holy Spirit.  While there are plenty of good churches in our town that preach the Word, we couldn't find any that really allowed the Holy Spirit to be a part of it.  So, we started a church in our basement and I became not a Pastor's wife, but a wife of a Pastor and yes, there is a difference.

Except for close friends, I told no-one.  You see, when someone finds out you are a Pastor, or the wife of a Pastor, they suddenly feel like they have to act differently around you, when they really don't need to with me.  I'm still the same dorky sinner that I was before we started the church, so I've kept that part of my life, while not hidden,  not out in the open.   Over the past 5yrs, I've slowly began to open that part of my life up to others and will continue to do so, taking it one day at a time.  I guess by posting this here, it's pretty open!

Anyway, about 4 months after we started the church, we were able to move into a building and it was none to soon as my mother and step-dad were coming out here to live with us so I could help in his care.  He had been diagnosed with advanced dementia at the beginning of the year and really hadn't fought it, so it was progressing rather rapidly.  My mother was unable to care for him by herself so we moved them into our basement that July.  I shared some of those stories herehere, and here...along with a couple others.  He passed that November peacefully in his sleep, just shy of his 84th birthday.

My mother continued to live with us while she got some things for herself taken care of, then she moved into a place of her own just across town.  Our house was ours again for the first time in over two years, but things were beginning to change again............




No comments:

Post a Comment